A cast iron skillet
A large pot
A wooden spoon
A cutting board
A sharp knife
A small bowl
1/2 package of thick rice noodles
1 tsp of chopped garlic
Some chopped onion
One egg (optional)
1/2 package of firm tofu, cubed
3 tbsp of hosin sauce
1 tsp of chili garlic sauce
2 tbsp of natural peanut butter
2 tbsp of rice vinegar
A few tsp of canola or coconut oil
- Boil water and cook rice noodles until soft. Rinse, drain and drizzle with oil. Set aside.
- Put cast iron skillet on medium heat and add some oil to the pan.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, tofu, broccoli, carrots and peanuts to the pan. Fry until golden brown.
- In a small bowl combine the hosin sauce, rice vinegar, peanut butter and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
- Add the egg to the veggies and tofu.
- Mix the rice noodles, sauce and veggie mixture all together on the frying pan. Let it simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Dish and serve!
This makes about enough for 6 generous helpings. It's yummy the next day, while the flavours have really set in. Maybe you will have some cold, the next day for lunch, as my boyfriend happily does.
A nice side dish to this meal is a simple green salad which to me is mixed greens, balsamic vinegar and oil with some chopped garlic.